Best Golf Tees – Top Rated Golf Tees Reviews: Buyer’s Guide of 2017
Many things in golf are often underappreciated and overlooked. Don’t you agree? One of them is the golf tee. Now, as an average golfer, you may think that any golf tee would do the job.
Well, that, in fact, is true but not every golf tee can get the job done in the most efficient manner. Only the best golf tees on the market are able to do that.
What golf tees do pros use? This is a question asked by many golfers. And there’s a reason why. An excellent and appropriately adjusted golf tee helps in building stability off the tee. It also contributes to hitting longer and achieving lower scores.
So let’s find out what these golf tees are and how you can use them to your advantage.
Quick Comparison: Top 7 Best Golf Tees
* Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.com
The 7 best golf tees of all time
Hitting more fairways is the goal of every golfer, isn’t it?
So here’s a detailed list of the golf tees for beginners and professionals. It’s time to find that consistency in the game of golf!
1. CHAMP Zarma FLYtee – THE BEST PLASTIC GOLF TEES FOR TEE SMASHERS
If you want to buy the most efficient well-rounded tees, then these are it! The CHAMP Zarma FLYtees are environment-friendly and extremely durable. And it’s because of the latter that these golf tees are perfect for tee smashers.
The CHAMP Zarma FLYtees are built with a contour head with 6 prongs. This helps in balancing the golf ball at the top. It also contributes to reducing friction to generate straighter, longer drives.
Plus, you will love the fact that these best golf tees come in all kinds of bright colors. This sets them apart from the traditional-looking white tees.
As is the case with most plastic tees, these too don’t seem to adjust to hard ground. But, nevertheless, the CHAMP Zarma FLYtees are pretty easy to tee up with the golf ball.
- The CHAMP Zarma FLYtees tend to increase accuracy and distance.
- Along with friction, they also minimize spin.
We Don't Like
- The resistance that the tees provide to the golf clubhead is not sufficient.
How To Hit The Driver Longer?
2. Unbreakable Golf Tees by Playing Pro – The Most Durable Golf Tees
The name says it all, doesn’t it? The Unbreakable Golf Tees come with a single purpose. And that is to provide maximum durability. The thing you will love about these best golf tees; they don’t crack or break before at least 100 shots.
The Unbreakable Golf Tees are built with synthetic materials. Such a design makes them look, feel, and even function like standard wooden tees. Due to their high-quality and durability, these tees are used by professional golfers all around the world. So what golf tees do pro use? These are it!
After a few shots though, you might notice the crown showing tiny signs of wear. This happens to some tees but there’s no need to panic. You can easily file the crown back to however you like.
- You can play with the tees for months without them breaking.
- They help in boosting your confidence level to hit more fairways.
We Don't Like
- The tee’s crown is slightly thicker and higher.
- Since they’re made of plastic, they tend to bend due to the powerful impact of the clubhead.
3. Zero Friction Tour 3-Prong Golf Tees – The Best Golf Tees of the PGA Tour
The importance of golf tees, especially zero friction golf tees, was first highlighted by this brand. The Zero Friction Tour 3-Prong Golf Tees are created to reduce friction. This resistance is found between the tee and the golf ball.
The tees have a 3-prong top, which minimizes the contact point with the golf ball. And this it does by at least 60%. So you get little resistance upon contact, better accuracy, and greater distance.
The worst part about 3-prong golf tees; they cannot be used when the weather is windy. It’s because the golf ball doesn’t stay balanced on top. For such conditions, you need the 5 or 4-prong golf tees. But how often do you find the weather to be windy on the golf course? Almost never, right?
- The 3-prong shape has the ability to nicely mount a crooked golf ball as well.
- They are built to hold up well even when subjected to abuse.
- Unlike other plastic tees, these are not very stiff. So you can use them on the rocky or firm soil.
We Don't Like
- The 3-prong of the tee takes a while to get used to.
- They don’t have enough resistance to offer.
4. Pride Professional Tee System ProLength Plus Tee – The Best Wooden Golf Tees
These golf tees are manufactured to generate high angles for launch. The Pride Professional Tee System Tees make the ball travel all across the golf course. The best part about them is the height. It goes a long way in increasing your drives’ sweet spot. And this can help you achieve better shot accuracy.
Many of us already know that even the best wooden golf tees don’t last as long as their plastic counterparts. So the Pride Professional Tee System ProLength Plus Tees are no different.
But if you’re not worried about durability and you are about increased laun
- These tees are perfect for larger-sized drivers.
- They don’t crack or break upon the first impact.
We Don't Like
- The crown on some tees is not built straight.
How High Should You Tee the Golf Ball?
5. Martini Golf 3-1/4” Durable Plastic Tee – The Best Golf Tees for Beginners
There aren’t many golf tees that help you get the ball in the desired location. And Martini Golf 3-1/4” Durable Plastic Tee is not one of them.
It is built with a huge cup recess. What this does is make the process of placing and tilting the ball towards the target easier. This way you can achieve greater accuracy with less resistance on the clubhead.
Martini Golf 3-1/4” Durable Plastic Tees have a polymer resin construction. This just means that they provide excellent durability. Although you will not like the tee’s diameter.
The diameter is considered to be too big. So fitting the tees in the cart’s holders can be a problem. But when you achieve straighter and farther drives, such a negligible drawback won’t matter.
- Martini tees are slightly larger at the top. This provides more stability to the ball.
- Due to their big size, they are easy to spot on the course.
We Don't Like
- The plastic used for the construction of the tee is not rigid enough.
6. VersaGolf Premium Bamboo Golf Tees – The Best Golf Tees in Terms of Price and Value
The VersaGolf Premium Bamboo Golf Tees are built with bamboo. Do you what this means? It means that they can provide tons of flexibility and strength. These best wooden golf tees come in a pack of 250 along with a cleaning brush for the clubs. So here’s your money’s worth, isn’t it?
You will love the basic design of the VersaGolf Premium Bamboo Golf Tees. But don’t let physical appearances fool you. They may look basic, but their performance level is pretty exceptional.
The VersaGolf Premium Bamboo Golf Tees don’t bend even after a few high-impact shots. On top of that, they are easy to dig into hard ground as well. But only when it comes to improving performance, they don’t offer any assistance in that area.
- The VersaGolf tees are well constructed with an excellent feel and look.
- They are suitable for tee boxes with hard turf.
- The build of these bamboo tees is stronger than the standard wooden tees.
We Don't Like
- They don’t help in achieving better accuracy and distance.
7. 4 Yards More Reduced Friction Golf Tee by Greenkeepers – The Best Plastic Golf Tees to Increase Distance
When it comes to improving distance, there’s nothing better than 4 Yards More Reduced Friction Golf Tees. They are built with 6-prong, flexible crowns. And the best part about these crown flexes is that they minimize resistance. While doing so, they also allow better contact.
The 4 Yards More Reduced Friction Golf Tees are also designed to reduce ball spin. And do you know what this does? It maximizes control.
The amount of flexibility that the tees provide is not satisfactory. But the durability factor is remarkable. The tees don’t tend to break before at least 100 drives. Thanks to the multi-material construction. So what they lack in flexibility, they make up for in durability.
- The optimal height provides exceptional consistency.
- They can keep the ball steady even when the weather is windy.
We Don't Like
- The tees are difficult to manipulate when pushing them into the ground.
- They are more susceptible to flying off after every hit.
Golf Tees Buyer’s Guide
The little golfing accessory can prove to be useful in the most challenging situations on the golf course. And if you make it a habit of using different golf tees for every hole, your drives will turn out to be disastrous.
Many golfers play exceptionally well at the driving range. But when they have to replicate that on the actual grass fairways, everything seems to go for a toss. This is because we underestimate the importance of consistency.
A properly adjusted and well-heighted golf tee helps in achieving that consistency on the golf course.
What is the Best Time to Use a Golf Tee?
Golf tees are used during the initial stroke of every hole. The place where this stroke is performed is called a teeing ground. And golf tees are strictly supposed to be used only on the teeing ground (illegal golfing equipment).
It’s only when the temperature drops that you can use golf tees anywhere apart from the teeing ground. Because at such times, the turf is highly susceptible to damage.
How to Choose the Best Golf Tees?
The Length of Golf Tee
Golf tees are manufactured in four different lengths. These are 4”, 3 1/4”, 2 3/4”, and 2 1/8”. For the irons and hybrid golf clubs, you need 2 3/4" or 2 1/8” tees. On the other hand, for bigger drivers and smaller drivers, you can select 4” and 3 1/4" tees respectively.
Golfers get the opportunity to use only one size of the golf tee, right? So in such cases, your best bet is to pick one that falls between two sizes. It means a golf tee that is long enough and that you can stick deeper into the ground when using an iron or hybrid.
So based on the kind of clubs you use to tee off, pick a tee that won’t be too difficult to dig into the turf.
The Type of Golf Tee
Even the best wooden golf tees don’t last as long as their plastic counterparts. But they are equipped with sufficient give when striking the golf ball. So you need to decide what matters more. Is it durability or sufficient delivering capacity? (The making of golf tees)
Wooden golf tees:
Plastic golf tees:
The Style of Golf Tee
There are three styles; traditional wood golf tees, brush golf
A brush tee is constructed with synthetic, flexible bristles. These tend to bend upon impact, which makes teeing up the golf ball easier. Such a design minimizes friction. And this helps in achieving straighter, longer drives.
Lastly, the zero friction golf tees also reduce friction. But they do so while increasing shot accuracy, distance, and speed.
What Golf Tees Should You Use?
The final verdict
Starting off every golf game with the best golf tees is something that all players should do. Because every golf accessory, however tiny, can make a huge difference. So I hope that the list helped you in deciding what golf tee is best for you.
The Martini Golf 3-1/4" Durable Plastic Tee has been selected as the best pick of the list. It has a large cup that provides less coverage between the tee and ball. So you can achieve straighter, longer drives.
And you don’t even have to worry about durability with these zero friction golf tees. They have the ability to hold up well to the drives. If you’re a professional golfer, you will find nothing better than the Martini Golf 3-1/4" Durable Plastic Tee.
You might also like:
- How high to tee up a golf ball?
- Best golf balls for slow swing speed
- Best Golf GPS Reviews - Buyer's Guide